Schleifring – Radial – 4, 6 oder 8 Bahnen – 81.3mm – 4500rpm
- 4 or 6 circuit slip rings
- Compact design
- Mounts on rotating shafts up to 3.2″ in diameter
- Permanently lubricated bearings
- Rugged stainless steel construction
- Instrumentation quality rings and brushes
- 60 pulse per revolution encoder option
Michigan Scientific’s B Series Slip Ring Assemblies B4-3.2, B6-3.2 allow measurement signal transmission (thermocouples, strain gages, accelerometers) from a rotating shaft up to 51mm. The transmission is based on electric connexion between measuring signal circuits (rotor) and the stator. They are the result of 60 years of experience and the slip ring brushes and rings are made of precious metals which minimize noise and enable the assemblies to be used for low level instrumentation signals.
The B4-3.2, B6-3.2 slip rings have resp. 4 and 6 circuits, allowing the acquisition of up to 2 full strain gage bridges or 6 thermocouples. As this assembly uses permanently lubricated bearings and solid silver alloy, along with their high quality contacts, slip rings can be used constantly without any particular care. Degradation of the signal's quality can be observed after 50 to 100 million revolutions, more or less 100 000 kms on a standard passenger vehicle.
Mounting and dismounting
The B4-3.2, B6-3.2 can easily be mounted by positionning the diameter shaft inside the rotor. In this version, the 50.8mm diameter can be adapted to smaller axial measurements. The slip ring assembly is secured to the shaft with six 8-32 set screws.
Connections are made through color coded solder terminals located on the slip ring rotor and a connector on the slip ring stator. Redundant terminals are included to provide back-up connections. The compact width design of these slip rings makes them ideal for applications where limited space is available.
Collecting the stator's measurement signal is easily done by using the provided Bendix connector. No additional setup is required. The slip ring can be mounted and used in any application. Another great feature is the limited space it takes: 26mm.
- Torque measurements transmission
- Rear axle measurements
- Vibration measurements
- Acceleration measurements
- Brake measurements
- Gearbox rendering measurements
- Connecteur standard
- Anzahl an Bahnen
- 4, 6
- -40 zu 121 °C
- Rotor diameter: 81.3 mm
- Stator diameter: 94.7 mm
- Length: 26.2 mm
Options and accessories
- Amplifier to connect between the sensor and the slip ring allowing the optimization of the signal's quality
- Weatherproof version for outdoor applications
- Encoder version for information transmission
- Custom wiring (cable lengh, connectors)
- Signal conditioning for strain gage
- Signal conditioning for thermocouple